Sunday 8 November 2020

Tow Bar And New Tyres For The Mercedes ML350

 So after we bought the caravan, the race was now on to get a tow bar fitted!

There were two choices, a detachable or a permanent.

I must admit that a detachable one although when not towing, makes the car look better and stops you cracking your shins on a regular basis, but, they really do not appeal to me.

Guess it's the word detachable, I would always worry that it wasn't going to hold or that I would do something wrong and I'd look back and not see a caravan in my rear view mirror.

Plus they were more expensive.

So we had a permanent one fitted by Ambrow Trailer Services Ltd in Christchurch for £375.00 inc VAT which I thought reasonable enough.


The next thing was to fit new tyres to the ML.

They were due a new set all round so after a bit of research we got some General Grabber All Terrains fitted at £640.00 inc VAT and fitting.

I was a little concerned that being a chunky tread we would suffer from an increase in road noise.

However, I haven't noticed any and look good having a slightly lower profile, more in keeping with the road tyres they replaced.

I had these supplied and fitted by New Milton Tyres  who got them in and arranged to have them fitted within a couple of days of ordering.


I now feel that we can get out of any wet and sticky situations we may find ourselves in with these fitted.

Next all the accessories that go with caravanning!

The journey continues.............

No comments:

Post a Comment