Monday 20 August 2012

Why Blog?

So why continue to blog?

After all we no longer live in a touring caravan, having made the decision based on finance that to become part time site wardens and live in a static caravan was the best choice for us.

The other simple reason is purely selfish, I enjoy writing, and this is the closest thing that I will ever do to keeping a diary of sorts.

I looked up the word caravan in the dictionary, apart from it's obvious meaning it also refers to a  group of people journeying together for safety in passing through hostile territory.

Sort of sums it up well as long as you don't take it too literally! Our journey is through life, "Our Life" and along with others that we have met and heard from as we go and hopefully pointed in the right direction.

This blog was also meant to show all that it can be done, and that after struggling with debt, worry and sleepless nights that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

So along with others in "The Caravan Of Life"  we are working away at our long term goals, they have been very distant for some time, and they are still far away, but not out of sight and we are slowly travelling towards them.

Thanks for all who have been following us for some time, I hope you stay with us on "Our Life In A Caravan" as we continue our journey. 

The blog title will remain the same, it is just as apt now as when we started.

Till later.................




8 comments:

  1. well I'm glad you're continung with your blog, I check a few times a week and when you've added to your story I always enjoy reading it, long may you continue I say!!
    Angela and Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. As per the other comment but I really think that you should write a book.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the blog as we both enjoy reading your trials and tribulations. The blog as you say is not only a blog about living in a caravan but also a diary on your life and it is always interesting what others do. You also have a good way of using the language. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do keep up the blog, I check every day to see if you've written something new and I always enjoy reading it. And even though you've put down 'roots' so to speak the blog title is still apropriate as a static is only another form of caravan after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very glad you are keeping up your blog. Yours is one of the ones I always check when you post something new. And how apt that your title can be expanded to use the Caravan of Life.

    I, too, enjoy writing and I use my blog as a chronicle of my life as well.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to hear you will continue to blog.
    It is interesting to follow. You have done very well with your new job and your static caravan. I am sure part of this success is due to this blog and the discipline required to assess and write about your life as it unfolds. And yes, writing itself is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You still live in a Caravan.

    Don't stop blogging.

    you won my Caption my Photo Competition this week. Email me on gillian@homemakers-sa.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thanks for the feedback - humbled!

    ReplyDelete