Tuesday 28 May 2013

Planning Our Trip To Ireland

The last week of July and the first week of August will see us heading over to the Emerald Isle.

It's "M"s brothers 50th birthday who lives way over on the East of the island. He moved over a number of years ago and has carved out a successful life.

So we aim to travel over on the Sunday, spend the week travelling around, with him for the weekend, then if we can try and make it North to meet up with an old Army mate of mine who has caught the motorhome bug!

We will be taking the Pajero, and camping light.

I must say that I sleep like a log in the Pajero, in fact better than when I am at home, but "M" does suffer, probably due to the fact that I'm big and she is little and there is limited space in the back of the Paj which I generally take up!

So with that in mind and the fact that we have spent a bit of time camping in the Pajero and enjoy the freedom it gives us to roam we came to the conclusion that a roof tent maybe just the trick!

Why not just an ordinary tent? Well, a roof tent is quicker, simpler and no matter if the ground is uneven, rocky, knee deep in water, a ploughed field or a tarmac drive we would be able to pitch in a couple of minutes!

They are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but I think it is worth the investment.

So now the hunt is on for roof bars, and a roof tent!

Sourced some, but as always I'm looking for the ultimate deal.

Life here on site goes on, with a steady flow of campers coming and going, at the moment they are getting wet as it's tipping down and I'm enjoying the afternoon off after starting at 0530 hrs and with the day off tomorrow I may just have a few beers and be in my bed for 2100 hrs! Rock n Roll!

Till later...........

2 comments:

  1. The roof tent sounds interesting Jools, I'm looking forward to seeing a pic when you get one and get it set up. Hope you enjoy your holiday in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There All
    Well worth reading, something that can happen to all of us, click on the link.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D435DM0  
    Kindest Regards
    Dave

    ReplyDelete