Saturday 26 November 2011

So Where Have You Been?

The honest answer is no where, we have been here all along, but with one thing and another and being totally honest I just haven't felt like writing.


I always like to think that I'm a positive person, and can see a way through most problems, my life has certainly been full of challenges! But, every now and again, I sort of go into a recluse mode whilst my head sorts and arranges things into some sort of order.


This now being done, and with a few things slowly starting to click into place (fingers crossed). As I've got a job interview next Friday! A proper job, with regular hours and not bad money. So I'm really hoping that this goes well.


As soon as I know, I will let you know, but I think I may keep the fact of how we are living under wraps for a while!


Last week I spent two days working just outside of Shaston with Bob, tapping keys and handling antiques and as always learning a lot. I enjoy the days spent there, always people dropping in and these are all real characters. One guy that comes in on a regular basis, is eccentric, and as mad as a box of frogs! Never a dull moment.


I'm back up there for a couple of days next week, which I'm looking forward to.


If I could do that full time it would be my perfect job, but that is not going to happen.


Here on site, nothing has really changed, I'm busy as we speak doing the washing with our trusty little twin tub, which actually washes better than the machines at the launderette! We have it perfected to a fine art now, it all works out really well!


We have our large awning up and have extended it by putting up the sleeping pod but without the sleeping compartment. In the pod I've laid down two wooden pallets where the washing machine sits along with recycling and a few other bits and pieces.


The awning carpet is down, but as its breathable the damp still comes up through, which is why I put the pallets down to get things off the ground.


We have rigged up another light as the light over the door is just not strong enough to light up the far end of the awning.


One thing we havens used for a while is the cadac. Not sure why not, its not been wet or anything, so will have to get that sorted out soon.


The back door on the Pajero has jammed shut, but after looking on a forum it appears to be a common problem with a fairly easy fix. It does involve removing the inside back panel from the door, so that is a job for Sunday morning.


I've also got to take a look at the light in the toilet, as the bulb started to flicker then went out, changed bulbs over and nothing. Tested the original bulb in another fixture and it works, so possibly a wire loose, or even maybe a fuse as I think they all have small car fuses in line. Will be investigating later today.


Apart from that all is going well with the caravan, the weather is certainly mild and totally different than last year. Looking back we were struggling with snow and freezing temperatures. I'm wearing shorts today!


So that's about it for now, thanks to those who sent us messages asking if we are ok, its really appreciated! 


Till later.................

4 comments:

  1. "but I think I may keep the fact of how we are living under wraps for a while!"

    Sounds ominous , a problem shared is a problem halved

    We are all on your side you know

    hope things pick up for ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well you two.

    Alan T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know you are still out there and ok, best wishes with everything and the job hunting.good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading you blog for the last year. Dont under estimate the interest your adventures create. I do hope things are ok...

    ReplyDelete