Monday, 30 January 2012

The Weekend Came And Went!

After getting up at 0430hrs every day last week, I was more than ready for a lay in on Saturday morning.

However, it's amazing how quickly you bodies time clock gets used to that time and I found myself awake rather early! "M" was not working this weekend so we lazed around and eventually got up around 9ish, a real luxury!

Saturday evening we went to a Christmas party, yes I did say Christmas party, we had a feast of Turkey with all the trimmings. I think there were 35 of us sat down at Whichampton Club. The food was excellent. Personally I think it's a good idea to have a get together then, as the run up to Christmas can be a little hectic.

We also caught up with other folk who attend the same vintage rallies as us. All in all a good night, and I woke up on Sunday morning feeling a little worse for wear.

Sunday we didn't do a great deal.

We have been planning to move down towards New Milton as that is where "M" comes from and her son who is expecting their first child lives there and so does "M"s daughter. We have checked out a couple of sites which meet our criteria. So we may well be down that way by the end of this month.

We have also received a lot of applications for the various vintage rallies that are taking place this year, so they all have to be filled in and returned. I'm not too sure which one's we will be attending this year due to work commitments, we will just have to wait and see how things pan out.

As I left this morning it was snowing hard, but I don't think it will come to anything, however, it does look as if the temperatures are going to fall rapidly over the next few days.

We thought we would get away without wrapping up the aqua rolls, so far this winter we have not had a problem as it simply hasn't been cold enough, but anything below -4 and they tend to ice up. "M" could well be called into action to make a new cover out of a hot water cylinder jacket. We still have enough wrap around pieces left to make a jacket for the aqua roll.

One of the things I had to do in my leave of absence from blogging was sort out our water pump. It's still not completely fixed, but it's a lot better than it was. The flow of water was almost non existent and it rattled like a pebble in a metal bucket.

The plan was to strip out the inlet filter and see if that would help, I did this, and to be honest there was very little debris in the filter, connected it back up and it still wouldn't work. After a lot of swearing, I found that the casing to the pump was very loose, hence the rattle, tightened it all back up, bled the system and we now have a good flow of water coming through. In fact the shower is now excellent! The pump is now very quiet!

Sometimes though, the pump kicks in, which means either that we have a leak somewhere, which so far I haven't been able to find, so I really don't think it is that. Or, the sensor needs re-adjusting slightly. This is what I think the real problem is, so will have to get the manual out and have a play!

Till later.................

No comments:

Post a Comment