Friday 13 January 2012

A-Z Challenge April 2012


The A-Z challenge takes place this April, basically it's all about blogging every day, well Mon to Fri which is 26 times during the course of the month.


There is however a theme, hence the A-Z. Each day has to start with a letter of the alphabet spread out over the month.


As you may well expect, my theme will be caravan/camping related, but I must admit I'm struggling with a few of the letters. So may have to use artistic licence when the time comes and just go off on a tangent! No change there then!


The idea was first used to inspire writers and to get them thinking about writing when their minds were blank. Thankfully I do not suffer from that. My head is always swimming with thoughts, just that sometimes they need armbands to keep them near the surface.


Without these armbands you can sink rather rapidly to unknown depths as I recently found out, and my God is it dark down there!


I think that everyone at some point suffers from a form of depression, it's how we cope with it is the key to survival.


One thing that helped me was having something to focus on, a succession of goals and achievements to get me to where I wanted to be. Of course this is on going, but I firmly believe that by having that focus I swam to the surface again.


So maybe this A-Z could help you? Give you a focus of having to do something positive.


How can a blog be positive I hear you ask? Well, from a personal point of view, we have had a number of people tell us here that we have inspired them to change their lives. Well, if that isn't a positive thing then I don't know what is!


No matter what you write about, some one, some where will read it. I myself read a multitude of different blogs, on subjects I have no knowledge of. Its amazing what you can learn from real people writing about real things!


Take a look at the challenge by clicking on the banners at the top and below, and get ready for the sign up on the 30th January.


Till later...............

13 comments:

  1. I love the A-Z challenge idea! I might even have a go at it myself...although I set off at the start of April for an adult gap year, so it might be a tall order for me during April...still, I'll have a bash - and I'll definitely be reading your A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're excited for the Challenge! It's going to be awesome this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this great push. Taking artistic license is one of the most fun parts of the Challenge. I've done it myself and will do it again. After all, how many X words can you really write about.
    You make some great points here and hope you'll talk a few more bloggers into joining the fun.

    Lee
    Have you heard about the A to Z Video Challenge?
    Blogging from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I are heading off in an RV come the first of April, for ... however long we want to. I'll be in the A to Z challenge too. I look forward to your blog for both your caravan experiences and the challenge. Stop by mine and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful post! A to Z is going to be amazing this year!

    Konstanz
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I don't think Iv'e ever had such feedback so quickly from one post! I'm looking forward to the challenge but most of all reading new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I hadn't already signed up, this post would convince me. I'm looking forward to it this year! Great blog here, I like the camping theme. I look forward to reading your A to Z posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the rockin' post! A to Z is going to be coool this year!

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    Visit The Madness:
    IZOMBIE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds intriguing Jools and something I could probably do but not sure how I would incorporate it into my camping blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Eunice, you know as well as I do, anything is possible if you put yr mind to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true. People do need a focus of having to do something positive. Depression and feelings of isolation can plague many people as we face or even run from our personal battles. The A to Z Challenge and the time leading up to it offer an environment to meet new people and have a purpose that challenges us, giving us something positive that we can take with us during and after the event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward the the Challenge! Have my themes and an outline in place. Just need to find the time to fill them out and prepost, which is most of the work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hihi, Must be nearly a fortnight since we've heard anything from you?? so trust it's because you're busy and nothing worse!

    Graham.

    ReplyDelete