Wednesday 8 February 2012

-4 This Morning

It would appear that this winter has a sting in it's tail as this morning it was -4 when I set off for work at 0500hrs.


There is no moisture in the air, so no tell tail signs of frost, or having to scrape the ice off the windscreen. You just have to watch out for the ice on the roads, catching no doubt many people out.


There certainly seems to be a lot of wild life about at this time in the morning, yesterday the owls were screeching like mad, together with foxes making a right racket! Then as I was pulling away from the caravan a dear stood in front of me! All within 50 feet of our caravan.


Back at Shaston we used to get a badger run down the street every now and again, but that was about it.


I've been contacted recently by two couples who are at the stage of either living full time or seriously considering living full time in their caravans. I still think that living the way we do has enabled us to keep our heads above water with a degree of dignity whilst things have been tight. I really do dread to think what would of happened to us if we had stayed put in the house.


It's certainly a less expensive way to live, but not only that I feel that it's a rewarding way to live. Every day I have to fill an aquaroll up, just being able to stand still, and take in my surroundings and listen and watch what is going on around me is a real pleasure, no matter what the weather. How many of you who live in a house actually go outside everyday and stand for 3 or 4 minutes and actually do that?


Filling up during the day, I notice, especially this time of year, the growth of daffodils and snowdrops, buds on tree's. At night I listen for the owls, or look up and just look at the stars. The rustle in the bushes from roosting birds or rabbits scurrying around. There is always something going on.


I know for a fact that if I lived in a house I wouldn't see any of that. So yes I am richer in so many ways, and long may it continue.


Till later...........

No comments:

Post a Comment