Thursday 7 June 2012

High Wind

I spent today driving a colander! I had water coming up through the floor, the dashboard and through the roof!


The weather is terrible, the rain has stopped but that's been replaced by high wind.


This evening as a precaution we have parked both 4x4s directly infront of the awning to try and deflect some of the wind. It's not working that well but as we have no other options it's all we can do.


The caravan is taking a real battering, I think it's going to be a long night. So another check on the storm straps and settle down for some kip.


Till later...... P.S. Written from my phone!


Update:


Survived the night, had to set my alarm for every 1 1/2 hours to check on awning, no further damage, just one pole down which came down after 0530hrs. 


Still windy on site, so staying put today, thankfully I've got the day off as I'm working tomorrow.


Till later............

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! We are in the midst of severe thunder showers here in Colorado and a tornado warning, yesterday, though. Stay safe. In a few days it should be better, I hope for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a big weather event. Hope all is well now.

    ReplyDelete