Wednesday 21 December 2011

Medical - You Have Cold Hands Matron!

I'm not what you would call a frequent visitor to the doctors. The last time I went was a couple of years ago as I had strained a muscle in my arm throwing a stick for my old dog.


On booking the appointment they asked me who my Doctor was, Dr Weir was the reply, ah said the receptionist he retired 10 years ago!


That's how often I go!


So yesterday I must admit to being a bit apprehensive, the last time I had a medical was in the Army.


Which reminds me of my very first medical to see if I was a healthy specimen to join in the first place. At the tender age of 15 I was told to report to a surgery in Salisbury, and to make sure I had a full bladder as they required a sample.


Not ever given a sample before I didn't have a clue what this meant, so when presented with a rather large carafe to provide a sample in, I did as they asked and as I was at the point of bursting I filled it to the brim! There sat in the waiting room waiting to be called with a large steaming carafe of pee produced a few looks I can tell you!


Anyway, I now know that my blood pressure is ok, I am not diabetic, my back and eyesight is ok, and (famous last words - I don't think my hands are cold) (now cough) have a hernia!


So another hoop jumped through, just waiting on the CRB people to complete and now that the medical is completed my provisional PCV licence has been applied for.


Just waiting on the paperwork to catch up with itself now.


Off to Shaston for the day to tap keys, a quick run around for China dog on Wingreen hill first, but before I go I must do the washing up!


Till later....................................

2 comments:

  1. Good news on that medical. Did they pick up on that rash of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon have a proper job I hope. Good luck.

    Easy T

    ReplyDelete