Thursday 6 October 2011

Not Another Move! Handing Back Our Unit

Today we handed back our unit, it was 500 square feet of space with an office built into it. Loads of space that we managed to fill!


It took a bit of doing, but we managed to get everything sold and today we handed it back over.


The reason for it, well, it was costing us too much, it was very handy just being up the road, but not cost effective, especially when we can rent somewhere alot smaller but also alot cheaper!


So today, was our last day there. Just two collections of items were left this morning, and they both turned up when they said they would.


I sold all my books, there were over 100 boxes, and it filled the base of a long wheeled transit van to 4 boxes high! When he drove away he ground out the back step on the ramp entry into the unit! I helped him load, but I wouldn't fancy unloading it all the other end, I should know as I did it when we arrived at the unit!


In some ways its sad to leave it all and sell everything off, but in other ways its a positive move, a clean slate, we have been carting some of this around for a while now, all the time we have been full timing and even back to when we had our house in Shaston!


So now, we just have two cars, two trailers, and a caravan, ok, the two trailers need a bit of working on, but its far simpler now! 


We also have secure storage a few miles away, where we can store things that we just don't want to get rid of!


I'm still looking for a proper job! I say proper, what I mean by that is one that is regular, pays a regular wage and at the end of the day I can walk away from and relax and not have to think about it. Wonder if this actually exists!


I'm awaiting to hear back from one company which I'm hoping will be a green light for a complete and total change in direction. So far so good, so we will have to wait and see.


In the mean time I'm still busy with the gardening, with a recommendation from an existing customer to do more for some one else they know. So that's good news. It would be nice if this was full time, but being realistic it would only ever be a bit of extra money, even though its good money! I also hope to be able to carry it on if I do get a proper job!


"M" is off on a training course today, they are getting a new computer system in at her work, which sounds as if it will create a bit of confusion to start with, like all new things it takes time to get used to it, but I'm sure it will all work out in the end!


Our large blue trailer now has its roof back on and is back in action for the winter, during the summer we never used it as we had the unit close to hand, but now that we don't, its being put to good use. Its 8ft long and around 4ft wide. A drop down tailgate and lockable doors. I bought it 3 years ago for £80 and its worth every penny.


The only thing I've done to it is place two large pallets into the back to keep everything up off the deck and that lets the air circulate as well. Its waterproof up to a point, but I wouldn't want to put anything into it that would get damp easily, but brilliant for storing the awning for a few days and the chairs/tables etc.


When we go to the show we are lucky that the farm where we are allows us to leave the trailer secured up under some tree's out of the way. Very handy!


On a different note our Twitter account @caravanliving has just reached 400 followers! Not sure how or why but thanks to you who follow!


Why use Twitter, well for me it's instant. I've a memory of a goldfish, and as things happen to me through out the day I jot them down on Twitter. If I didn't I would no doubt forget them. So they get tweeted! Most of these observations or "tweets" as they like to call them are not worthy of going into the blog. So feel free to find us with the user name of @caravanliving 


Well that's about it from me for today, tomorrow I'm packing up and moving down the road, whilst "M" is at work. One day she will forget where she should be and drive back to the site to find me not there! Its the sort of thing I would do, but as "M" still wont tow the caravan, its unlikely to happen!


Till later................

No comments:

Post a Comment