Saturday 27 August 2011

FForest Fields Camp Site Thursday - Chill Day

Heading home tomorrow, so we wanted a day of just really doing nothing. So we mooched around the caravan all day doing a bit of reading and people watching.


There have been a few comings and goings on the site, alot of folk are camping in tents, out numbering the caravans by at least 2 to 1. Its great to see families out camping, memories that their kids will look back on happily.


By around 1700 hrs I was starting to get a bit restless, so I decided that a walk was required. Luckily there are plenty directly from the camp site up over the hills in front of us, so I set off with "China" dog, and walked to the summit of a rather large hill to the right of the site approx 400m above sea level. As you can imagine at the top I had panoramic views, so I took a few pics with the iphone (I was travelling light). 


Thought about walking a bit further, but I could see the storm clouds gathering, so decided that heading for home was the safest option. Its definately not wise to be caught out on the hills, even with a good jacket on.


With only 1/4 mile to go the heavens openned, and I do mean openned! Monsoon style, "China" dog was not impressed at all!


Safely back, dried out, and "M" had been busy cooking a stew! Lovely!


A relaxing evening of reading, and then to bed!


Tomorrow will be one whole year of living in our caravan!







Till later.................

No comments:

Post a Comment