Sunday 17 October 2010

Cider & Stuffed Chillis!

After all the hard work yesterday of moving, and the cider stock being somewhat depleted, we thought we had better head out for resuplies.

We decided to go to Lidls, not a place we normally shop in, but thought we would give it a go.

Managed to find a load of good value items, but no Blackthorn! Now on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being tragic and counselling required. I hit a 10! So decided that I would have to try the only available ones there. This happened to be called Woodgate Dry Cider at 5.3%, I also bought a bottle of white cider called Scimitar! at 7.5%, the reason for this extra kick cider was if the woodgate was terrible by the time I had drunk the Scimitar I would of forgotten about the woodgate, so there was a method to my madness!

As it turned out, the woodgate was a very good drink indeed and enjoyed greatly, which is more than can be said for the Scimitar, but I struggled on hoping it may get better, which it did!


We, or I should say, I, found some red chillies stuffed with soft Greek cheese, these were lush, and only £1.29 and very tastie, "M" not really into very hot/spicy food! This did mean of course that could eat all of them, which I did!

Woke a little groggy this morning, the sun was up, and we both set about the washing, I was in charge of water and "M" the loading, all though I did have a few goes with the spinning!

We got loads done, and dried it all out on the airers and using 2 bungys strung from the awning to a hedge!

I also managed to get a load of books ready and uploaded to ebay, they start tonight just after 2100hrs, 2116hrs to be precise! And got a box full of books photographed, ready for tomorrows listing.

So all in all, a productive day, and "M"s Mum and partner Rob turned up for a cuppa, they also took away a large bag of heavy washing (things that wouldnt of gone into our little machine) I asked her if she could come back again in a fortnight as we would have some more by then, Cheeky *!?/* I heard her say!

China dog is worn out, as she hasnt slept today, currently curled up by "M"s feet.

Just waiting for our beef and ale stew to cook in the slow cooker! Then an early night!

Temperature has dropped, not sure if tomorrow morning will bring our first frost of the year?

Till later....

No comments:

Post a Comment